Changes in service due to COVID-19
We are working hard to remain open 24/7 for your pet’s emergency care needs, and our specialty services are available by appointment Monday through Friday, 7am – 6pm. Due to the COVID-19 pandemic we have had to adapt how we operate to continue to serve you and your pets. Please see below for more information regarding what to expect during your visit to OakVet.
When You Arrive:
- When you arrive at our parking lot gate please press the call button to speak with the reception team.
- Please indicate to the receptionist if you believe your pet is having a medical emergency, or if you have an appointment with one of our specialty services.
- The reception team will ask you about your pet’s situation and instruct you on how to complete your client registration form online using your smart phone or other mobile device.
- Once directed to a numbered space within our parking lot please complete your registration form. Once you have completed your client registration form please let us know by calling the hospital reception team at 510-879-4888 and wait in your vehicle or outside the hospital if you are on foot.
- A team member will then meet you and your pet at your vehicle or outside the hospital to triage your pet’s condition, or begin your appointment (if you have one).
- If you are here with your pet to be seen by the emergency service: Please click this link to read more about what to expect during the remainder of your visit with us.
Additional Safety Protocols:
- If your pet requires emergency care, and you are currently exhibiting symptoms of respiratory illness or have been diagnosed with COVID-19, please designate another healthy family member or friend to bring your pet to our hospital. If you are exhibiting respiratory symptoms and have not been diagnosed with COVID-19 but must bring your pet yourself, please notify us of your condition and remain in your vehicle on arrival.
- Our restrooms are available for use during your visit. We will allow one person into the hospital at a time, and all visitors who enter the hospital will be required to wear a mask.
- Please wear your mask at all times when interacting with our staff or other individuals.
- Please maintain at least a 6ft distance from our staff and other pet owners.
Thank you in advance for your understanding and patience during these unprecedented times.